Our Baby!

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

When it all began

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Monday, September 19, 2011

The "outs" of pregnancy for me

What do I have to complain about, nothing really... I didn't get morning sickness, I held enough energy to go to school through my first trimester while working full time and I have been able to run and go to the gym still.  And first let me say I thank god for this everyday.  SO let me tell you what has been so surprising about my pregnancy.   Skin and weight.... my skin began breaking out almost immediately and is just now starting to get a little bit better (6 months in).  Now I'm left with these terrible red acne scars, thank goodness for Mac.  However I'm used to putting some mascara, eyeliner and blush on then out the door, those days are OVER.  At least until it's safe to get a chemical peel and or microdermabrasion.  That's another thing you can't do anything for your skin while your pregnant, that's a big "out" for me.  It only took me going to the dermatoligist twice and her telling me not to bother coming back until after the pregnancy. So for now it's foundation with a foundation brush (to get the best coverage), and powder reapplied every few hours, and this still is just subpar.  For the weight, I didn't expect to struggle with this.  Always being small and the fact that my Mom gained little to no weight during her three pregnancy's I assumed I'd be the same way.  Well let me tell you it's not been like that for me.  I let myself eat a ton and didn't exercise much during the first trimester (this was because I was taking night classes).  I was ravishing hungry during the first trimester and this was not mental, it didn't take long to catch up with me.  Now I've been much more aware of my food choices and have joined a gym again.  My friend Olga has told me my body will go back to normal, I'm not sure if my size 24 Hudson jeans will ever be worn by me again.  Feet... another "out" of pregnancy.... simply said they just hurt.  Stairs... an "out", maybe it's because I don't have to walk up stairs very much but when I do, I get winded and tired.  People Style Watch, only one of my favorite magazines, has become depressing since I know I can't wear anything in there this fall or winter.  I think I'll have to give it to a non pregnant friend for the next few months.  Those are the big ones I can think of for now.  Even with the "outs" of pregnancy, it has been fun and I'm embracing all of the moments that pregnancy brings my way.

1 comment:

  1. It's all temporary! You are doing great with working out too. I bet you don't gain much from here on out. I totally understand everything you are going through! Hang in there and before you know it, you will be holding the most precious baby girl in your arms =)

    ReplyDelete